In this Post, We are Going to talk about How we can Update Address in Eaadhar card Online and Offline. But before that Let’s see that in which case You need to change your aadhar address.
- In the case when your Address in aadhar Doesn’t match your Real Address.
- You have Moved/Shifted your Home at Different Location at this time you have to change your Address.
The name of the regulatory body which Provides Aadhar Card to Indian Citizen is The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the government of India. To provide the facility of changing or updating the details, UIDAI has launched Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal to make things more convenient and easy. Using this portal, you can now update your details like incorrect name, date of birth, gender or changed address online very easily. For this you need to first login using your Aadhaar number then all the Process has started.
Here Note that You are allowed only 4 Request to change your Aadhar Address.
How To Update Address in Aadhaar?
- First Click Here to Log on to the official Aadhaar Self Service Portal (SSUP).
- In the Given, Field Enter Your Aadhar Card Number and click on send OTP.
- Now an OTP will be sent to Your Register Mobile Number, Use that OTP and Login to Your Aadhar Account.
- In the Next You will be redirected to “DATA UPDATE REQUEST” Here select “Address” Option to Update address on your Aadhar.
- Fill up all the Information given in Aadhar Update Form.
- After “Documents Required” section where you will have to upload an official copy of (or submit according to instructions) a recognized document that validates the required change. Upload any of the Identity Proof Listed in Aadhar Form.
- Once the request has been successfully Submitted You will get one URN Number to track your Aadhar card Update Status. Wait for Few days and Your Aadhar card with New Address will be Given to You by Post.
How to Update Address in Aadhar Card by Post?
If you don’t have any Internet Access or You don’t know Online Process then You can Still Make Aadhar Card Correction by Offline Method. Here Offline Means by POST.
- In the First Step Download Aadhar Correction Form.
- Read Guidelines while Filling Aadhar Correction Form.
- Read all the Guidelines Carefully and Fill up the Form.
- After Filling up Aadhar Correction Form Send it to One of the Listed Address encloses with one Identity Proof from the List given in Form.
- UIDAI,Post Box number 10,Chhindwara,Madhya Pradesh – 480001,India.Or
- UIDAIPost Box number 99,Banjara Hills,Hyderabad – 500034,India.
Things To Remember While Updating Aadhar
There is also a possibility that Your Aadhar Update Request will be Rejected. so for that, You need to take care of few Points listed Below.
- First Make sure that you enter all the information that needs to be corrected, in the appropriate field.
- The supporting documents that you provide must be a part of the approved list of documents.
- Fill in the details in English or in your local language.
- In the case of Aadhar Online correction, keep the URN safe since you will need it to check the status of the update.
- If you don’t have the phone number that you used while registering, use the offline option to update Aadhar information.
- In Offline Process ensure that you enter all the details in capital letters.
- Also, ensure that you fill all the mandatory fields.
- While writing names, don’t use any salutations or titles.
- Send only the documents that are needed to support the information being changed. For example, if you are requesting for your date of birth to be corrected, don’t send the DOB documents along with address/ID proof documents.
- Remember that the corrected Aadhar will only be delivered to the address on record to ensure that you are at the location to receive it.
- The copies of the documents you send must be attested by you.