The importance of aadhar card is Increasing day by day. Almost in every Government Process whether it’s EPF withdrawal or Buying a SIM card for Mobile Aadhar Card is Mandatory ID Proof.
It captures your biometric details and serves as a proof of identity. We noticed that Sometimes there are some mistakes in our newly issued Aadhaar Card like Change in Name, Surname or Address and Mobile Number. You need to get these errors rectified as soon as possible. So, there is a way to rectify this Mistakes Online and Offline. All you need to do is register your mobile number, with the Unique Identification Authority of India.
There are Few Cased when You need to Change Your Name or Address Like If you just got Married than You have to change your Surname in aadhar Card. If you have changed your Home then you need to Update your New Address on aadhar card.
How To Update Name in Aadhaar at ssup.uidai.gov.in?
The Process is very Simple. To change your Name in aadhar Card You need to Update your Detail at Aadhar Self Service Update Portal Online and Provide all Info and Upload Document. Follow the Steps.
- First Go to AADHAR SELF SERVICE UPDATE PORTAL.
- In that Page Enter your 12 Digit Aadhar Number and Hit Enter to Get ONE TIME PASSWORD to your Registered Mobile Number.
NOTE: – You need to have Your Registered Mobile Number Handy in order to Update Aadhar card Details Online.
- Now You will get One OTP, Enter that OTP in Login Page.
- Now after Login You can see there are 5 Option to Update Different Details
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Now CHECK on NAME Box to Update your Name/Surname and submit.
- Now on the Next Page, you have to Enter your CORRECT Details Like Name and Surname to Update your New Aadhar Card.
- In the Last step, You have to upload the scanned colored copy of your documents. It can be any government proof such as driving license, PAN card and so on. After this, you have to select any agency, from where you want your details to be updated.
URN – UPDATE REQUEST NUMBER
After Aadhar correction Process you will get URN Number on your registered Mobile Number.
This Number is Very Important, Suppose You need to check your Aadhar Update Status then You can use this URN Number as a reference to check your Aadhar Update Status Online and you can Track Your Updated Aadhar Card.
Update Name/Surname in Aadhar Card by Post?
If you don’t have any Internet Access or You don’t know Online Process then You can Still Make Aadhar Card Correction by Offline Method. Here Offline Means by POST.
- In the First Step Download Aadhar Correction Form.
- Read all the Guidelines while Filling Aadhar Correction Form.
- Read all the Guidelines Carefully and Fill up the Form.
- After Filling up Aadhar Correction Form Send it to One of the Listed Address encloses with one Identity Proof from the List given in Form.
- UIDAI, Post Box number 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.Or
- UIDAI, Post Box number 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Things To Remember While Updating Aadhar
There is also a possibility that Your Aadhar Update Request will be Rejected. so for that, You need to take care of few Points listed Below.
- First Make sure that you enter all the information that needs to be corrected, in the appropriate field.
- The supporting documents that you provide must be a part of the approved list of documents.
- Fill in the details in English or in your local language.
- In the case of Aadhar Online correction, keep the URN safe since you will need it to check the status of the update.
- If you don’t have the phone number that you used while registering, use the offline option to update Aadhar information.
- Also, ensure that you fill all the mandatory fields.
- Send only the documents that are needed to support the information being changed. For example, if you are requesting for your date of birth to be corrected, don’t send the DOB documents along with address/ID proof documents.
- Remember that the corrected Aadhar will only be delivered to the address on record to ensure that you are at the location to receive it.
So this is the Simple Process to Update you Name in Aadhar Card Online and Offline.